Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Stuffbak.com - You've Got to Have It!

I posted this in February but I'm bringing it back... this product is so dang handy you've got to get it and use it! Read first - buy later... later today!

Some time ago I was in Salt Lake City for a training program and as we wrapped things up and headed home we had to return our rental car.

As we pulled into the rental car return line and grabbed our luggage I noticed my computer bag was a little "light" so I opened it up and presto - no laptop! Freaking out... I threw my luggage back in the car and sped back to the hotel (to the objection of the Avis rep who was shouting something about stolen car status) to locate my precious cargo.

12 minutes later I pulled into the Sheraton Hotel and ran to the spot I recalled leaving my laptop. It was gone... but good fortune and a good Samaritan had found me and my computer. After a BIG thank you I raced back to the airport and caught my plane with time to spare.

Question 1 - What if I couldn't recall where I'd left my laptop and the same good Samaritan had picked it up? With my super-spy password protection they would never have been able to contact me...

Question 2 - What is available to help nice people return valuable stuff?

Answer 1 - Bummer

Answer 2 - Stuffbak.com

Stuffbak is a cool looking label product (very official visual - see below) that lets you plaster all your stuff i.e. laptop, mobile phone, PDA, MP3 Player etc. with an 800 phone number. When someone finds your goodies they call the phone number and Stuffbak arranges the return of your item.


Place these little babies on all your cool stuff...

The process is easy. For just a few bucks you can buy the labels from Stuffbak. Once they arrive you go to their website and register the labels. The best part is your phone number, physical address and email address are safe from public view - very confidential.

Then place the labels on all your important business and personal stuff that you don't want to lose - permanently.

Stuffbak makes it FREE and easy for finders to return your lost item. You pay nothing until a lost item is found - and then you only pay a $14.95 handling fee, plus the cost of shipping.

Check out www.stuffbak.com and place these things on everything but your kids! I've labeled my car keys, laptop, mobile phone and brief case. Still have some labels so the children may not be out of the question!

TK

No comments: