Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sprint Gets the Moto Q

Finally Verizon loses its grip on the Motorola Q and the yellow screen to to the left tells you Sprint got the goods!

I've been using Sprint for years and I love one thing about the service - it's pretty cheap (as in low cost for those of you using Verizon.) I use Sprint's BlackBerry 8700 product and love it, and the Moto Q is a welcome addition to the choices Sprint smart phone users now have to choose from.

Unfortunately Sprint is following the same BS other carriers do when it comes to current, loyal and satisfied clients... they jack up the price! If I want this phone I'll pay $449 buck rogers to get it. That's because I'm a Sprint card-carrying advocate. Quite the reward huh.

If you're a customer of one of the other mobile phone carriers what will you pay? $99.99 plus a two year lock on your business. I know this is what all the carriers do but that doesn't make it right - so they must think it's smart business - I don't get it.

Give me great service, competitive pricing plans and the top phones to select from and I'll never leave your service. I'd be a customer for life, and with 5 phones on my plan, I'd think that I'd be worth something too!

Give me a new Moto Q Sprint. I want to try it and I'll renew my plan for another two years, but I don't want to pay $449 for it!

(Don't forget the Q is a killer phone and I've written positive reviews on it in the past.)

TK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you got your information that you could not get the Q for $99 from Sprint. Just like the other carriers, you pay that amount and renew your agreement for another 2 years. I just ordered my Q and can't wait to lose the Treo bulge in my pocket.

Tom Kauffman said...

I may stand corrected on the Sprint contract requirement... check it out at your local Sprint store.

TK