Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Zoho CRM

If you've been looking for a web-based CRM product that you can make some minor modifications I'd like to suggest Zoho CRM.

My friend Jeff Nelson turned me on to Zoho and I jumped into it and set up one of my clients on it to boost their sales and marketing efforts. It worked. It was up and running in less than an hour and they were able to begin managing contacts that day.

I've done a few CRM implementations in my career... the success ratio in the industry is about what I've experienced - 50% fail! That's after you've spent thousands of dollars on software, hardware and customization costs.

So to have something that you can just plug into and start using the same day is a welcome change. One of the things I like best about Zoho is it's FREE - free is good in the CRM world.

After helping my client get up and running in Zoho I decided to put my own data into ZCRM and have been equally impressed. Perhaps one of the best reasons to use a web-based CRM product is the ability to log on anywhere you can grab an Internet connection. Of course that's a double-edged sword. No connection - no information.

Overall I like this product and if you're an independent sales professional and have the responsibility for managing your own database check out Zoho at http://www.zohocrm.com/.

TK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tom Kauffman,

Thanks for using Zoho CRM for your own business and implementing for your clients!

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any assistance in using Zoho CRM.

Regards,
Gopal
(gopal at zoho dot com)

Unknown said...

I too am in love with free CRM. Many of the offerings (such as Zoho, or www.octopuscity.com) rival or even SURPASS what some of these larger CRM giants are having people pay tens of thousands of dollars for.