Saturday, February 04, 2006

Treo 650 Product Review

I first reviewed the Treo 650 in May of last year after I began using it. Since I referred to it in my posting last week I thought I would throw it up again for review. Check it out:

Last year I reviewed the Treo 600 after using a few other smart phones... I liked it, but the email function was weak and after I experienced a couple of glitches I took it into Sprint and was ready to trade it in on an old reliable flip phone.

However before I could pull the trigger, a friend of mine picked up the newer Treo 650 and I had a chance to give it a real good look - and I liked what a saw. The improvements from the 600 to the 650 make me salivate for the 700! Here's what I like best:

1. The Graphics - The graphics between the two models is unbelievable. The 650 makes the 600 look like it was a black and white. You can talk in terms of pixels, but why? The 650 just kicks butt.
2. The Email Function - Sprint's VersaMail program rocks. It works perfect and syncs automatically. With VersaMail the Treo is equal to the BlackBerry in every way. Leave a copy of incoming messages on your server and they are always on your laptop or desktop for later review.


The Improved Treo 650

3. Documents To Go - This 3rd party application works great on PDA and smart phones. It allows you to view, edit and even create Word, Excel and other documents. With the improved graphics even large spreadsheets can be viewed with clarity (if you know where to find your data).
4. Favorites - I have a favorite button for my bank website, google and even one that emails my entire company. In about 20 seconds I can email my entire team from anywhere in the country.
The real test of the Treo 650 was filling in for my laptop. A few months ago my laptop went "tango uniform" and I couldn't get it back from Gateway in time for a business trip. There was no way I was going to buy a new laptop so I hit the road with my Treo 650... and it did EVERYTHING my laptop would have done.

I bought a keyboard and with the exception of printing I was covered. I took two other trips while I waited for the laptop and each came off without a hitch.

If I had to recommend one piece of technology for 2005 it would be the Treo 650. Check it out at www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/treo650.

TK

No comments: