Saturday, September 15, 2007

Google Docs & Spreadsheets

I've given dozens of presentations on the topic of using technology to be more productive in selling. One of my favorite websites has always been Google and the various products they have created to help users solve their technology problems.

It amazes me that their various software solutions are free. Don't get me wrong, I understand the business model, but it still amazes me how cool it is that the average consumer (and sales professional), get so much benefit for nothing.

One of the products I've been using lately to work on writing projects and proposals has been Google Docs. I actually stumbled onto the product when my laptop crashed and I needed to put the finishing touches on some writing I was doing. Like all Google products, Docs is a web-based program that allows you to create documents and spreadsheets.

Using my desktop at work with my laptop down, I would write all day and then simply save my work in Google Docs. Later in the evening I would log back into Google Docs and pull up my project exactly how I left it. Sound simple? Good solutions usually are... Check it out at Google.

TK

No comments: