Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Giving Bluetooth Another Shot...

I've tried Bluetooth headsets in the past and like many users haven't been impressed - so I tossed the Jabra piece of junk I had and gave up... it was like throwing away a hundred dollar bill.

I haven't had a wireless headset since, even though the world continues to buy them and the army of "mobile phone cyborgs" grow and grow and grow in number!

This all came to an end today when my Samsung WEP200 arrived in the mail and I took it for a spin. up. This little jewel is the most compact wireless headset I've ever seen... it's one of the entries in a new slew of supercompact headsets hitting the market.

This little baby measures only 1.5 by 0.5 by 0.5 inches (translation - it's really tiny), and fits perfectly in the ear canal. Easy buttons located in just the right positions. The unit comes with an equally small carrying case which also serves as the charging unit. I like the setup because when the unit is charging it is totally protected, but don't lose it - without the case the headset cannot be charged and I don't care how long the talk time is (4 hours by the way) or the standby time is (3 days)... without the charging unit you are toast.

I would rank the call quality as high and the way this unit works with my BlackBerry 8703e from Sprint can only be described as "harmonious." Sure they are both jet black and look like a match made in heaven, but add to that the ease in which I can answer calls and end calls without ever taking my phone out of it's holster - that's... harmonious too!

Getting excited about a wireless headset device may make me appear like I'm a technology neophyte - well I'm not - this little unit has me back in the Bluetooth headset game because it works and all of the manufacturers out there are building better products. Best of all... I look like a Navy Seal instead of a Terminator/cyborg wanna-be.

You'll like the look, the feel and the sound of the Samsung WEP200.

TK

No comments: