Saturday, December 30, 2006

Google - Master of the Universe

Google is taking over the world and soon the universe. At closing Friday the stock sat at about $460 a share. It's high for the year was $513 so it's "down" a little... bummer.

I'll take that bummer any year. If you just sat on it all year then you're up about thirty bucks from January 1, 2006, but there was a lot of money to be made in this stock. The 52 week low was $331.55 so there was quite a bit of movement.

What I like most about Google is not it's stock price (because I don't own it), but the products they are putting out and the products they are making better. The site I use for all of my blogs, blogger.com is a Google product. My back up email (tomkauffman@gmail.com) is also a Google product.

Google is all over my computer starting on the desktop. Google Desktop keeps me on time, tracks my stocks and the market, gives me the weather report for four cities I'm tracking all the time, tells me how strong my Wi-Fi signal is and how much battery power I have left. It also searches for any document on my computer.

I use Google as my search engine. I also use Google Earth, Google Finance, Google Images (for my blog posts), Google Alerts and Google Mail.

Other great products introduced this year were Google Calendar and Google Docs & Spreadsheets. Each allows you to do your work anywhere you can get an Internet connection.

This company is worth 141 billion dollars and have billions in cash to invest in new ideas and new companies. Look for more great things from Google in 2007.

TK

No comments: